The All India Institute of Medical Science has announced its result for the MBBS 2017 entrance exam and this year, Nishita Purohit from Surat secured the first position in the exam.
Who is Nishita Purohit?
- The girl is an 18 year old all India AIIMS MBBS topper
- She prepared for the exam from the Allen Institute of Kota
- While preparing for the AIIMS exam, she scored 91.4 percent in the CBSE class 12 this year.
- She is also a national level basketball player
- On becoming the first rank holder in the nation she said """I was not sure about the topper's rank in AIIMS but was certain about being selected for AIIMS".
- "While my coaching institute guided me to success, my mother regularly visited me during my stay in Kota and both she and my brother, Anshul, motivated me to do my best," she further added.
- "I attended around six hours of coaching classes daily and later used to self study for six hours," she said
- She further added, "Classroom learning was most important followed by homework completion on a daily basis and revision".
Now that she is going to AIIMS she is planning to study cardiology or radiology at the AIIMS institute.
About the exam
- AIIMS MBBS entrance exam was conducted on May 28.
- Computer based question consisted of 200 objective questions and reason-assertion type questions from physics, chemistry, biology and general knowledge
- The duration of the exam was 3 hours 30 minutes.