Once again midday meal became the focal point for anger of the parents when at least 85 children fall ill after eating the midday meal in a government school in Samastipur district of Bihar.
"Soon after the children consumed their meal at a primary school in Akbarpur Pitaurdiya village, they complained of uneasiness, which led to vomiting and some students falling unconscious," a district official said.
On immediate basis all children were rushed to the hospital but were later discharged.
Brajesh Kumar Ohja, District Education Officer, has asked the block education officer to make this matter priority and probe the incident.
Doctors who closely examined the children said that they did not found any sign of poisoning in the children bodies.
On the contrary, some parents told the district officials that two girls saw a dead lizard in the midday meal which was served to the children.
As many 23, students died after eating a midday meal in 2013 at a primary school in Saran district. Alone in Bihar, sixteen million students in 72,000 schools receives midday meal on daily basis.