The HRD (Human Resource Development) Ministry is co-hosting the second meeting of the Education Ministers of all the SAARC nations in collaboration with the Kathmandu based SAARC Secretariat. The meeting is scheduled for 31st October 2014 at New Delhi. The major agenda of the meeting will be centred around the possible measures to strengthen cooperation among the SAARC nations on the aspect of education. The meeting will also include discussions on the progress of the member nations on the scale of 'SAARC Development Goals on Education'. Another point on the agenda will be the joint Education related strategy for the years after 2015.
Some of the other major highlights of the meeting will be-
- Discussions on measures to improve the learning outcomes
- Steps to enhance the mobility
- Exploring the research potential
- Steps to increase mutual recognition of qualifications
- Improving the usage of ICT (Information & Communication Technology) in the field of education
- Whole hearted sharing on e-resources
One of the major takeaways of the 'SAARC process of Development' was the establishment of the South Asian University at New Delhi. The meeting will also witness a presentation on the future course of this University and the related strategy.
The participants of the meeting will be Education Ministers and Senior Officials from India, Afghanistan, Maldives, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka and Pakistan.