In the upcoming session of 2017-18, IIT Hyderabad is starting a new MTech course which is completely different from the traditional MTech courses which other institutes have to offer. The fee for the course will be high but to study this GATE qualification is not necessary as students, who are interested can take the admission directly. The drawback of the course is that students of the course will not be eligible for the any fellowship.
Once students have completed the course they will be given MTech degree. The available areas of specialization for this MTech course are Civil, Mechanical or Electrical and Aerospace Engineering.
Eligibility criteria for the course
- Candidates must have obtained BTech degree from the recognized institution or university in the appropriate branch with a minimum first class.
- The selection of the candidates for the program will be done on the initial shortlisting which can be followed by written test or/and interview procedure.
- GATE qualification is not necessary but will be considered as an added advantage.
Fee structure for the course
- Students will have to pay tuition fees on per credit basis.
- For the session 2017-18 tuition fee will be INR 25,000 per credit+ Administrative fee INR 100,000 per year
- Students will be required to pay additional fees if they want other facilities apart from medical and academic
Draw backs of the course
- Students under this program are not eligible for the fellowship
- Hostel accommodation is a dicey situation unless rooms are available for complete one year
- Students will not receive institution medals based in CGPAStudents cannot be transferred to regular MTech course
Benefits of the course
- This MTech program can be completed in 3-4 months
- The grading policy of the program is at par with the regular MTech programs
- Students can collect 30 to 60 credits depending on the area of specialization
- Students under the program are eligible for the IIT-H placements; they can also apply for PhD programs in India or abroad
- For more details students are advised to visit the official website of the institute.