The schedule for online NEET counseling was released on August 17th, on the same day of the declaration of results.
- As per schedule, the main counselling registration choice filling and indicative seat will begin from August 22 till August 25
- As per leading media daily, the counselling session would be done in two rounds
- The seats will be allotted to aspirants through the central quota in the first phase, while in the second phase, through state quota
- The two-phased counselling will be held in Uttar Pradesh (UP) because the Akhilesh Yadav government adopted NEET in state medical colleges unlike many states.
Important dates for the aspirants
Main counselling registration choice filling and indicative seat: August 22 to August 25
- Exercising of choices and locking: August 26 (up to 5 pm)
- Process of seat allotment (Round 1): August 27
- Declaration of result (Round 1): August 28
- Reporting at the allotted medical/dental college against Round 1: August 29 to September 3
- Exercising of choices and locking (Round 2): September 9 to September 10
- Process of seat allotment (Round 2): September 11
- Declaration of results (Round 2): September 12
- Commencement of MBBS/BDS first year session: September 13.