Keeping the needs of today's youth in mind, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies announced two new initiatives, on-campus and off-campus. The new placement policy is especially for those students who wish to take entrepreneurial route in their life.
More about the policy
- Under this new policy the students of UPES will be given placement support even after two years of graduating in case they wish to do a job for any reason.
- UPES is also all ready to open experience zones at three locations in Delhi/NCR which will help youngsters in taking the right and informational decisions when it comes to choosing the educational courses.
- Counselors from UPES will be available at all the three centers who will guide the students by clearing their doubts.
The university currently offers programs in high growth sectors like oil and gas, power, infrastructure, IT, design, planning and architecture, public policy, legal studies and more. All these courses have been designed by keeping the contemporary needs of the respective sectors.
In order to make sure that course are completely aligned with the needs of the industry UPES:
- Has academic collaborations with the IBM, Xebia IT Architects L&T.
- Invites industry professionals to conduct workshops and interact with the students on regular basis.
Words of the CEO, President UPES:
"With the new placement policy in place, we urge our students to follow their entrepreneurial dreams by giving them a choice to return to their alma mater for placement support. UPES already has an incubation center at campus that provides end-to-end assistance and guidance to students who want to do something of their own. We encourage entrepreneurship and innovation in our students as it is not just about running a successful business; entrepreneurial skills are required if you are in a job or even in day-to-day life."