Human Resource Development Minister, Prakash Javadekar released the list of NIRF ranking in a press conference in New Delhi. According to the list released, Delhi University's Miranda House and Bengaluru's Indian Institute of Science (IISc) are the India's leading college and university. Also, IIM-A (Indian Institute of Management- Ahmedabad) has been named as the nation's finest management institute.
Among technical institutes, IIT-M (Indian Institute of Technology-Madras) emerged as the best engineering school and in pharmacy institutes Jamia Hamdard emerged to be the winner.
Below is the list of top 10 management institutes of India:
- IIM, Ahmedabad (Rank 1)
- IIM, Bangalore (Rank 2)
- IIM, Calcutta (Rank 3)
- IIM, Lucknow (Rank 4)
- IIM, Kozhikode (Rank 5)
- IIM, Delhi (Rank 6)
- IIT, Kharagpur (Rank 7)
- IIT, Roorkee (Rank 8)
- XLRI, Jamshedpur (Rank 9)
- IIM, Indore (Rank 10)
- Apart from using the four parameters from last year, two additional parameters- Common overall rank and General Degree Colleges have been added
- NIRF will also provide general pointers to the students about the institutes in terms of quality and infrastructure
- This year ranking system, apart from including the international standards also considered the country specific parameters based on which rankings were decided and released to the general public.
- Some changes in the ranking system were also made by the NRIF. These changes were based on the feedback received last year.
- In this year's NIRF ranking, 3300 chose to participate voluntarily.
- The government is also considering undertaking the Project 'Vishwajeet' to promote international standards in Indian educational institutes.