For the academic year 2015-16, the seats for the JEE (Main) students in the National Institute of Technology (NIT) Patna will be allocated through the Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB).
The eight meeting of the Council of the National Institutes of Technology was organised on 25 September 2014.The decision for seat selection through Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) has been made by with Dr. Asok De, Director, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Patna (Bihar) as the Chairman and the Directors of all the remaining 29 NITs, 12 IIITs and other CFTIs as the members.
Nominee of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi and nominee of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi are also the members of CSAB. The merit list will be made considering the Class 12th Board Marks and the JEE (Main Marks).The ratio of the weightage will be 40:60 respectively. The admissions will be made in the NITs, CFTIs, IITs and other institutes
Only after nominalization, the school Board / Equivalent examination will be taken into consideration. After the merit list has been prepared the CSAB will play its part of allotting the seats. The students with Ranks less than 2000 in engineering stream in JEE (Main) will be awarded aid under the Scholarship Scheme. The scheme will also be governed by the by CSAB - 2015 for academic session 2015 - 2016.
The tasks that will be done by the CSAB
1. Finalising the procedure and arrangement for seat allocation
2. Help and Resource centres will be set up
3. It will print and release the information brochure and also design the on line choice filling forms
4. The Website will be looked after by the CSAB
5. The online seats choices will be collected and proper distribution will be made
6. The Strategically Preparation of Certificate and Credentials Verification will be carried out.
7. The concerned agencies will be coordinated for seat allotment against state/UT
10% of the application fee will be passed on to CSAB-2015.Before the seats are allocated, the entire amount will be paid in one go to the CSAB-2015.
Once the seat allocation process is completed, the audited Utilization Certificates (UCs) will be submitted to CBSE for settlement of outstanding UCs. Also a copy will be sent to the Ministry for records.
The Scholarship scheme for meritorious students with JEE (Main) All India Rank (AIR) less than 2000 in engineering stream will continue in 2015 and will be administered by CSAB - 2015 for academic session 2015 - 2016.