The admission process for the pre-school, pre-primary and class 1 in the private unaided schools of Delhi will commence from November 29. The application process for the same will conclude on December 27.
If the number of children applying exceeds the number of seats available then the selection will be done on the basis of computerized draw of lots. The information regarding the computerized draw of lots will be given in advance to the applicants. The first list of the shortlisted candidates will be released on January 24, 2020.
Tentative dates for the Nursery admissions:
- The application process starts and availability of forms: November 29, 2019
- Last date to submit the application form in schools: December 27, 2019
- Uploading of details of children who applied to the school for admission: January 10, 2020
- Uploading of marks given to each child: January 17, 2020
- Display of first merit list: January 24, 2020
- Resolution of parents’ queries: January 27, 2020 to February 3, 2020
- Display of second merit list: February 12, 2020
- Resolution of parents’ queries: February 13 to 20, 2020
- Any other list of admission: March 6, 2020
- Admission process closes: March 16, 2020
Application fee for the Nursery admissions
The application fee for the nursery admissions in INR 25 and it is not compulsory for the parents to buy the prospectus of the school along with application form.
Students enrolling for the pre-school (Nursery) should be at least four years old. Students enrolling for the classes pre-primary (KG) and class first should be at least five and six years old respectively.
Last year, a new upper age was introduced of three, four and five years and this will be applicable.
List of documents needed
- Application form print out along with two photographs of the child
- Residential proof
- Self-attested copies of date of birth
- Document proof of the EWS category, if applicable
- For the kids belonging to the DG category, parents will be required to bring along
- SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) certificate
- A certificate from the authorized hospital in case the child is differently-abled or has special needs
Of the total seats available, 25% of the seats are reserved for the Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and disadvantaged group (DG) category students and Child with Disability (CwD).