Indian multinational company, NIIT, launched 'NXT Tech Star' movement- a movement aimed at encouraging the spirit of innovation in youth and help them in becoming the next tech idol which can bring new innovation to the world of technology.
Prakash Menon, President, Global Retail Business, NIIT Ltd said "technology is fast changing. Platforms that are used today may become redundant tomorrow. Therefore, just skilling our youth is not enough, we need innovators and quick thinkers".
Who can apply?
- Interested candidates should be engineering science graduates and must have graduated with at least 60% marks in graduation or post-graduation.
- The age limit of the candidate should not exceed 25 years.
Interested candidates can walk-in to nearest NIIT centers or to identified outlets of Café Coffee Day in Mumbai, Chennai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Bangalore to enroll.
Once they are enrolled in the program they can sign up for India's NxT Tech Star where they will have the opportunity to choose the field of their interest. The interested students would be required to attend an additional session for two hours per week where they will discuss the idea for their app and will be mentored by the experts in the same.
- Cash price of 2,50,000 will be given to the winner
- For first runner up the cash price will be 1,00,000
- For second runner up the cash prize will be 25,000
- All the participants of the final will be given certificate of appreciation and merchandise worth Rs 2000.