With the success of the digital learning scheme introduced on the pilot basis in one of the KVs of Odisha, the scheme is now all set to reach more KVs of the state from the next academic session.
The scheme was introduced on the pilot basis this year for the students of class VII and VII of KV Mancheswar, Bhubaneswar and with its success, the KVS (Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan) has decided to introduce it in more KVs as well.
About learning scheme
- The scheme is a part of flagship program called Digital India.
- Under the scheme, students are to use tablets for studying science and mathematics and all the activities, assignments, and readings are to be done on the tablet
- Around 160 students of the two classes have been provided with free of cost tablets for the purpose
- The textbooks are available in e-books format through ePathshala. The platform provides digital textbooks and resource material of National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT)
- Students are enhancing their learning and studying experience through animations and videos.
- Deputy Commissioner of KVS, Bhubaneswar, ALV Jaganadha Rao said "we expect that the scheme will be rolled out in at least five more KVs, including Berhampur, in the state from the next academic year. We are planning to submit a proposal in this regard to the KVS soon".