After the seeing the growing need of management program in order to apply it in solving various managerial problems, the Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta (IIM-C) will soon be starting up the Post Graduate Certificate in General Management (PGCGM) program in the near future, aimed to cater to eorking executives having an experience or two to five years.
Reason for starting the programe:
- The sole reason to start this management program is to develop competence in theoretical foundations of management
- Not only this, this program will also simultaneously seek to inculcate a broad-based understanding of how the theories of management may be applied to managerial problems
- As per reports, as this new course is developed in combination with the different academic groups at IIM Calcutta only, it offers a clear understanding of the practice of management
- While speaking about this course, Prof Uttam Kumar Sarkar, Dean, New Initiatives and External Affairs, IIM Calcutta said, "The demand among young working professionals for having access to state-of-the-art general management education from a premier institutes like IIM Calcutta from the convenience of their home or office without having to leave their jobs has hitherto remained under-served. To fulfill this expectation IIM Calcutta has conceived this innovative PGCGM program aimed at working executives having two to five years' experience."
Key notes of the program
- PGCGM course is designed as a part-time programme
- Also, it will be delivered through the direct-to-device mode
- This course will help aspiring candidates the opportunity to develop applied competencies in general management
- Moreover, there would be minimal impact on their work schedule