The registration date for the CAT 2017 exam was extended by the IIM Lucknow and students can register for the same till September 25. This year, the exam is scheduled for the November 26, 2017 which leaves only two months for the preparations. Those candidates who started their preparations recently, for them it's time to switch to mock tests instead of mastering new topics as by analyzing the performance in the mock tests on daily basis can prove to be a master stroke in the CAT 2017 preparations.
Mock tests will not help you in preparing for the exam but will also help in getting the right mind set before the exam.
Importance of mock tests
If you will carefully look at the syllabus of the CAT exam you will see that it is not a tough nut to crack but most students fail or fear the exam because they lack the proper time management and the strategy to attempt the exam. Solving the mock tests will help you in framing your own strategy and time management techniques. In the exam only 100 questions are asked and the time given to solve these questions is 3 hours. To crack the exam it is important that students pick right questions to solve and this is where mock tests come in.
Preparing for CAT in last 60 days
- Solve at least two mock tests in a week, which means that you will be solving 16 mock tests before the exam. Solving the mock test is important but what analyzing the performance in the mock tests is even more important. Two weeks prior to the exam you can increase the number of mock tests to 3-4 per week.
- Solve at least one sectional paper each day.
- IIMs never released the previous year papers of CAT exam but there are question papers available in the market based on the similar exam pattern which you can try.
- Read newspapers and editorial sections everyday as they will help you in comprehension section, Writing Ability Test and Personal interview
- Make a schedule and stick to it and don’t waste even an hour of preparation as this could make a huge difference.