Different ministries are encouraging awareness of scientific and technological development and initiatives together. They are:
• Science exhibitions: Science Express, Mobile planetariums, science exhibitions & technology demonstration
• Programmes for children: Children’s science congress (CSC), Motivational programmes, lecture-cum-demonstration series; Nature Science Activity Camps
• Programmes for science teachers: National teacher’s science congress (NTSC), Modules on Resource Teachers’ Training, Map learning & Resource optimization; Detection of adulteration in foodstuffs; Management of solid waste through vermin composting
• Vigyan jatha, Celebration of the National Science Day, Celebration of thematic events, years
• Occupational health hazards for women workers;
• Science writing & media practices: Short term training programmes, Long term courses in science communication; Post Graduate Courses in universities in mass communication and science journalism
• Publications: Popular science magazines & Journals; Posters, wall Planners, Manuals,
• ‘Eco-WaSH (Water, Sanitation & Hygiene) Awareness & literacy”
• Communicating health: Women & Child- Health & Nutrition- A Community Radio Initiative.
The Minister of State for Science and Technology and earth Sciences, Shri Ashwani Kumar gave this information in a written reply to a question by Sh Kalraj Mishra in Rajya Sabha today.