The admit cards for Punjab Teacher Eligibility Test (Punjab TET) have been released on the official website, www.tetpunjab.com and the candidates can now download them.
The examinations will be conducted on September 25 for the recruitment of primary teacher posts in various centres of the state.
How to download the admit cards
- Log on to the official website, www.tetpunjab.com
- Click on the link 'PSTET Admit Card 2016'
- Enter the required details like application number, gender
- Click on submit
- Your Admit Card will be displayed on the screen
- Save it and take a print out for further reference.
The candidates should possess senior secondary (or its equivalent) certificate/ Bachelor's degree with at least 50 per cent marks and must have passed or must be appearing in the final year of two-year diploma in Elementary Education/ four-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed). For details on educational qualification, please check the notification.
The paper will comprise of multiple choice questions (MCQs), with four alternatives out of which, one answer will be correct. Each question will carry one mark and there will be no negative marking.
PSTET will have the following two papers:
- Paper I will be for those intending to be a teacher for classes 1 to 5
- Paper II will be for those intending to be a teacher for classes 6 to 8.
If a candidates wants to be a teacher for both the levels (classes 1 to 5 and classes 6 to 8), he/she will have to attempt both the papers (Paper I and Paper II).
The candidates who clear the examinations successfully will be hired for the respective posts.