In state run colleges and industrial training institutes, Punjab government will be introducing biometric attendance system. Punjab Technical Education and Industrial Training Minister, Charanjit Singh Channi made the statement while he was present at the first review meeting of the department at the Chandigarh.
He said that the biometric systems will be both for the staff and students and will be connected directly to the head office.
"The state government would launch a scholarship scheme for meritorious students interested in studying in government polytechnic, engineering colleges and industrial training institutes (ITIs). The scheme will also be applicable for outstanding sports students." Channi said
In a strict message to the officials minister made it clear that corruption and favoritism will not be tolerated by the department at any level and all the promotions will be on the basis of performance.
Few noteworthy points stated by Minister
- Keeping in mind the future needs of the industry, the institutes should focus on providing job oriented quality education to the students.
- He also asked head of the departments to make extra efforts to tie up with the industrial units and multinational companies on their level.
- There will be no tolerance regarding the cheating in the exams and concerned examiners will be held responsible.
- "The answer sheets of students seeking revaluation would be put on the department website and if a difference of more than 10 percent is found in the revaluation cases, action will be taken against the examiner," he said
- He also asked the senior officials to inspect the institutes on regular basis and to submit the reports to him.