In order to promote yoga and educate people all over the nation, the yoga guru, Baba Ramdev is seen constantly coming up with schemes and ideas to achieve the same.
Recently, a yoga training textbook, 'Khel-Khel Me' has been prepared by Patanjali Yog Peeth, Haridvar so as to teach in the primary schools in Goa.
About the initative
- As per reports, this (yoga training) scheme would be implemented by Goa Educational Development Corporation (GEDC)
- Also, this scheme would be for a time spam of six years
- And it would be implemented from the ongoing academic sessions 2016, Director of Education GP Bhat said
- Not only this, the concerned government is also planning to establish a state-level 'yoga cell' of yoga experts
- Meanwhile, physical education and yoga teachers who are teaching in government schools will now be sent to Ramdev's Patanjali Yogpeeth (Trust) in Uttarakhand for proper yoga training.
- As per the circular sent on September 12, the training is being conducted as students face problems such as stress, depression, lack of concentration and restlessness.
- For this, a 10-day residential yoga training will be held from September 21 to 30.
Further, speaking about the textbook scheme, Bhar said, "A healthy approach towards education and life can be developed right from a young age via the most powerful yogic practises. Yoga at primary level will definitely help develop an effective system to create healthy citizens for the nation."
Content of the book
- 'Khel-Khel Me', a yoga training book will be based on the NCERT syllabus
- This book will be taught to students from class 1 to class 4 only
- 15 government primary schools in each tehsil will be selected for introducing yoga education.
- A teacher from each school will be selected as a trainer
While concluding his statement, Bhat said, the problems which school children face, such as stress, depression, lack of concentration, exam phobia, behavioral problems, relationship issues and drug addiction can be tackled through this course.