On Tuesday, a new merit-cum-means scholarship scheme/fee waiver scheme was announced by the Delhi government for the needy students who wishes to pursue the higher studies in the universities of the Delhi such as:
- GGS Indraprastha University
- Delhi Technological University
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology
- Ambedkar University
- Indira Gandhi Delhi Technological University for Women
- Delhi Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research University
The scheme in the mean-time will also be extended to Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology when the institute will become the state university.
Features of the scheme
- Students from family who have been issued cards under the National Food Security Scheme (NFSS) will receive 100 percent fee waiver
- Students of families where annual income of the family is up to 2.5 lakh per annum will receive 50 percent fee waiver
- Students from families with annual income above 2.5 lakh and not exceeding 6 lakh per annum will receive 25 percent fee waiver.
- For availing the scheme the student must have scored minimum 60 percent and a relaxation of 5 percent will be given to the students from SC/ST category.
- The documents required to avail the scheme has been kept minimum by the government.
Tags: Scholarship Scheme By Dehi Government
Scholarship Scheme For Needy Students
Scholarship For Needy Students