A press conference held by two seventh grade students has created a buzz in Maharashtra. In consequence, state government decided to scrutinize the complaint closely and released a report stating that as many as 5 lakh school bags were checked in over 28,000 schools of the state.
Details of Investigation
- Out of one lakh schools, 28,000 schools were put under the scanner and came out clean
- From these schools, around 5 lakh school bags were checked and the weight of 4.76 lakh bags were found within the weight-limit
- Following the detection, the state declared a report that 90.1 per cent school bags were within the permissible weight limits
What parents have to say?
- Parents are puzzled to find that only 10 per cent school bags violated the norm
- "Suppose there is an English class, there are at least four books for it like grammar, dictation book, dictionary and so on. Should the teacher not specify which one to carry? She insists the students carry all books," said a parent.
- "In the last one year, notebooks were replaced with files and school started asking students to keep books in class desks."
5 Lakh School
Seventh Grade Students