A short term course on space flight mechanics has been launched by IIT Bombay. The short term course will be of one week duration in which topics such as space missions and other technological aspects involved in the space would be covered through the program. May 26 is the last day for the registration and interested candidates can apply for the same.
The course will commence on June 19 and will continue till June 23.
Who can apply?
Faculty members of degree level engineering colleges which are recognized by the AICTE are eligible and can apply before the last date.
Topics for the course:
- Introduction to space missions
- Orbital and return missions
- Mathematical model for general ascent mission
- Single and multi-stage launch vehicle systems and their configuration design
- Introduction to basic orbital problem
- Two-body problem formulation and Kepler's laws
- Classical orbital elements
- Orbit determination from initial conditions
- Different types of orbits
- Perturbation due to Earth oblateness
- Solar radiation pressure effect on orbits
- Sphere of activity and Roche limit
- Introduction to orbital manoeuvres
- Introduction to inter-planetary missions
- Launch to orbit (SSTO, TSTO missions)
- Participants will be entitled for the class second or third AC railway fare to and fro for the shortest route from college to IIT Bombay.
- From Kanjurmarg/Andheri to IIT, auto rickshaw fare will also be provided on the dates of arrival and departure.
- Class second railway fare or Best bus fare will be provided by the institute for the local participants.
- Accommodation will be provided in the student's hostel or guest house on sharing basis.
Interested candidates can apply for the dame by sending a demand draft of Rs 2000 in the name of 'Registrar IIT Bombay'.
Short Term Course In Iit Bombay
Space Flight Mechanics