Staff selection commission has released a notice regarding the stenographer recruitment. The commission is now inviting the application for the posts of Grade C and D, for which the exam will be held in the month of September.
“Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and woman candidates are encouraged to apply,” SSC said in the notice in which he told that women and reserved category candidates are exempted from paying the examination fee of Rs 100.
- Candidate must be 18 year old and should not exceed the age of 27 years as on 1 August 2017. The upper age limit can vary according to the reservation.
- Candidates must be 12th pass form a recognized board.
- Candidates must produce original documents including mark sheets and provisional certificates as a proof of minimum educational qualification.
The exam will be computer based and will be held from September 4 to 7 2017. The first part of the exam will have questions asked from general intelligence and reasoning for 50 marks, part 2 will have questions from general awareness for 50 marks and part 3 will have questions on English language and comprehension for 100 marks. Candidates will be given 2 hours to complete the question paper.
The exam will be conducted in both Hindi and English language in MCQ (Multiple Choice Question) format. For ever wrong answer .25 marks will be deducted.
How to apply
- Visit the official website of SSC at ssc.nic.in
- Follow the link which says 'Apply Online'
- Enter all the details in the fields provided
- Download the application form for future reference
Only online applications will be accepted by the SSC.