In order to give wings to PM Narendra Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Mission', a Memorandum of understanding (MoU) has been signed between the Ministry of Urban Development (MoUD) and Amar Chitra Katha on August 31, 2016. As per the the collaboration, Amar Chitra Katha will publish and distribute a special edition of a comic book focusing on Swachh Bharat Mission.
Union Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu said, "Youth and students are one of the biggest change agents for any social transformation and the comic book would aim to engage with them in an innovative manner and spread the message of cleanliness''.
Components of the book
- The book will carry messages related to sanitation and solid waste components of Swachh Bharat Mission
- It will consist of a series of inspirational stories from the mission, cleanliness rankings of cities, the public figures and ambassadors, environmental impact
- There will be an interactive workbook of tips and tricks, which children can use to clean their own areas
- It will also focus on organizing community cleanliness drives
- MoUD will distribute the books through national school boards like CBSE, Kendriya Vidyalaya and Navodaya Vidyalaya.
About Amar Chitra Katha:
Amar Chitra Katha is one of India's largest selling comic book series, with more than 90 million copies sold in 20 Indian languages. It has more than 400 titles that retell stories from the great Indian epics, mythology, history, folklore, and fables in a comic book format.