Academic session for the undergraduate courses at the Delhi University has started and in order to spread awareness on ragging, a play was staged by the students of the Hansraj College. But, this is not the case in every college and as a result many fresher students feel afraid to come to the colleges, when new session in the college is just starting out.
At DU, there are cops that are continuously policing around the campus and in case of need they can dispatch the team on immediate basis. However, student needs to be careful on their own as well. Following is the list of the instructions published by the DU authorities so that fresher students can feel safe and can protect themselves in case any senior try to outsmart them.
If newcomer feels threatened they can any of the following suggested measures:
- They can drop a written complaint in the college drop box.
- They can call the national anti-ragging helpline number 18001805522
- Fresher students can also call Joint Control Rooms (North Campus- 27667221; South Campus- 24119832)
- They can also call on 100 to inform about ragging to the nearest PCR van
- Call on the university information center numbers- 155215, 27006900
Ragging is a social interaction between the senior and junior students but due to blur lines between healthy and unhealthy ragging it doesn't take long for ragging to become unhealthy for the fresher students. Involving in inhuman ragging is a serious criminal offense and if any senior is found involved in such activities then it can lead to the cancellation of the admission of that student or can be debarred from sitting in the exams. There are also IPC laws, which can lead to the imprisonment.
Tags: Du University
Du Anti-Ragging Measures
Du Anti-Ragging Policies
Ragging In Du
Guidelines For Du Students