According to the data shown by the national sample survey, the position of the most depleted state in the terms of education is occupied by Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. The data in the survey showed the various flaws in the state education system and highlighted the other majors points as well like literacy Rate, dropped out school students, and all the other factors behind the extremely poor condition education system.
Brief look at the data shown by the report is as follows
- Both the states stand at second last position in the literacy rate only above Bihar, and the worst part is that the literacy rate is lower than the India's average of 69 %.
- The majority of dropped out students in these two state basically are from farmers' families or in some other agricultural field, in Andhra Pradesh its 58.9 % and in Telangana it's 67.2%.
- Other concerning point is that the computer knowledge in the age bracket of (14-29) is least in these two state when compared to other states.
- According to the data shown, the report suggests these two state to promote the medical education, as the ratio of students (in thousand) studying engineering is highest in these two states. Whereas the students who are pursuing the other professional courses (in thousand) are least in both the states.
- The exact data as per the report in numbers is as follows
Students(in thousand) pursuing technical courses is lowest in Telangana which is 30, followed by AP which is 34, when compared to the other state of India like for Maharashtra its 86, Kerala which is best stands at 156 and Punjab 100.
However, the students pursuing engineering (in thousands) are highest in AP and Telangana with 579 and 599 respectively.
- As per the data shown by the reports, the students taking admissions in these two states are the highest, whereas the students taking admissions in the government colleges are the least in the entire country.
- As per the report it is really hard to get a seat in Government College and most of the students prefer studying in private institute as they offer "Better environment of learning".