After getting a large response from the mega parents teacher meeting held previously, the Delhi government is all set to organize other mega PTM but, this time for class 12 students and this time the objective of the parents teacher is help students to ease the pressure of the exams.
"To ease the examination pressure of parents as well as students and provide the best possible assistance to every student."
Below is what the official statement mentioned about the mega PTM:
- "Since the Class 12th Board examination is fast approaching, the Directorate of Education (DoE) has directed all schools to apprise the parents about their wards' progress."
- Last year, with an aim to build strong connection between parents and teachers of government schools, Deputy Chief Minister announced the organization of mega PTM which is held twice every year.
- The first PTM was held on July and second was conducted in October 2016
- Sisodia also mentioned that government is sanctioning a separate amount for such mega PTMs but he did not reveal the amount.
Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia's statements on PTM:
- "So far, the PTMs were not held in government schools at all. But now, the PTM will be held biannually in government schools."
- Further, he said that the government is improving the quality of education in its schools everyday through policies, new infrastructure including CCTVs, classrooms and furniture.
- "The focus of the PTM will be to encourage one-to-one communication between parents and teachers. The parents should celebrate the occasion as it is being held to improve the quality of education in schools."
- Parents of about 70 per cent students turned up the first time, but the whole event came under criticism when a girl committed suicide after her parents received bad feedback.
The whole purpose of the meeting is to provide parents with "student-specific-guidance."