In a recently uploaded letter for the universities, UGC has asked the universities to upload the details regarding the hiring of faculties in the universities, colleges and institutions deemed to be universities.
UGC has quoted in a letter, saying that "In this regard, all the Universities and their affiliated Colleges are requested to upload the details of all the vacant posts, along with the recruitment process on University Activity Monitoring portal of UGC at https: //wrvw.ugc.ac.in/uamo/ on or before September 20, 2019.
UGC is the only body of the nation which can provide grants to the educational institutes. The two main responsibilities of the UGC are -- providing funds to the institutions and determining and maintaining the standards of the higher education.
The responsibilities of the UGC includes the following points:
- Promoting and coordinating university education
- Maintaining the standards of teaching, examination, and research in the universities
- Framing the regulations on the minimum standards of education
- Monitoring various developments in the field of education
- Serving as a connecting path between the Union and state governments and institutions of higher learning
- Advising the state and central government on the measures to continuously improve the education.