A detailed notification for the National Eligibility Test (NET), 2017 has been released by the University Grants Commission. Candidates who wish to apply for the upcoming exam can do so by visiting the official website.
The application process for filling the application is beginning from August 11 and will continue till September 11, 2017 and the exam is scheduled for Sunday, November 5.
Exam fee for various categories are as follows:
- General category: INR 1000
- OBC: INR 500
- INR: 250
The exam will be conducted by the UGC in three different sessions on November 5 in which candidates will have to score minimum of 40% (35% for the reserved categories) to clear the exam and to be eligible for the further rounds.
Session one and session two
- Time duration: 1hour 15 minute
- Total Questions: 50
- Total weightage: 100 marks
- Timing: 9:30 am to 10:4 am
- Time duration: 2.5 hour
- Total questions: 75
- Total weightage: 150 marks
- Timing: 2 pm to 4:30 pm
Steps to apply for the UGC NET
- Visit the official website of the UGC NET at cbsenet.nic.in
- Click on the link provided to apply online for the exam
- Fill in the details provided in the field
- Submit the form and save the copy for future reference