Union HRD minister is all set to launch the Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) and mobile app in national capital region.
Information which will be available under the RUSA portal
- Higher Education plan of the states
- Decisions made by the higher education council of the states
- Details of various resources under this scheme
In addition to all the information mentioned above, the portal will also feature a rich gallery which will show all the projects initiated under the RUSA scheme.
On the occasion of launch of RUSA, 12 State education Minister Secretaries and RUSA nodal officers were also present along the Union HRD Minister.
How RUSA works?
RUSA is a centrally sponsored scheme which is backed by the Department of Higher Education, MHRD, whose sole purpose is to provide strategic central funding to state higher education departments and institutions which will help them in achieving the broad objectives of access, equity and excellence.
List of the current projects under RUSA
- Jammu and Kashmir's cluster university
- Micro ATM facility at the RUSA center for intelligent systems at Pune University.
- Solar power facility in Shree Sankracharya University of Sanskrit, Kalady (Kerela)
- Laboratories of languages in Ghatsila college (Jharkhand)
According to the statement released by MHRD "states and UTs have responded very well to this scheme; 29 States and 6 UTs are participating in RUSA. Over 2000 state universities and colleges have supported the venture so far."