The date for the UPSC civil service examination 2018 has been released by the UPSC. According to the schedule on UPSC's official site www.upsc.gov.in the exam is scheduled to be conducted on June 3, 2018 for which the applications will be made available on February 7.
For the year 2017, the preliminary exam is ll set to be conducted on June 18 and candidates who have not downloaded their admit cards are advised to do so, the earliest.
The exam will be held for the prestigious administrative posts including that of IAS, IRS, IPS, IFS etc.
- Candidates who are interested in applying must have a degree of graduation in any stream from the university recognized by the University Grants Commission.
- Those candidates are also eligible who have appeared in the qualifying exams and are waiting for the results condition being, they submit the certificate of qualification along with the mark sheet, before the main exam, to the UPSC.
- The preliminary exam will have two objective papers and will be 400 marks.
- General studies paper will be of qualifying nature with minimum passing marks being 33 percent.
- The question papers will be available in both English and Hindi.
- The duration of exam will be two hours.