This year 980 vacancies has been fixed by the union government for the civil services examination 2017 and according to reports this year the number of vacancies has been dipped by 200.
More on the report
- Last year total number of vacancies filled by the candidates was 1209 and this year these vacancies have been dipped by almost 200.
- "In civil services examination, 2017, 980 vacancies have been fixed tentatively, which are subject to further change based on the firm number of vacancies to be received from the cadre controlling authorities," Minister of State for Personnel Jitendra Singh said in a written reply to Rajya Sabha."
UPSC is India's central agency who is in charge of conducting the following examinations:
- Civil Services Examination
- Indian Forest Service examination
- Engineering Services Examination
- Combined Defense Services Examination
- National Defense Academy Examination
- Naval Academy Examination
- Combined Medical Services Examination
- Special Class Railway Apprentice
- Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service Examination
- Combined Geo scientist and Geologist Examination
- Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandant) examination
Last year Delhi girl Tina Dabi, topped the civil service exams in her first attempt.