The official notification for the Combined Defence Services (CDS) II exam 2019 has been released by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). All the candidates who are interested in applying for the exam can visit the official website of the UPSC -- upsc.gov.in and read the official notification.
The CDS exam is held for admissions to Indian Military Academy, Dehradun 147th Course; Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala; Air Force Academy, Hyderabad (Pre-Flying) Training Course (206 F(P)); Officers Training Academy, Chennai 110th SSC Course (NT)(for Men); Officers Training Academy, Chennai, 24th SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course.
This year, the exam is scheduled to be held on September 8.
UPSC CDS Exam: Name of the posts
UPSC has advertised a total of 417 posts and the break down of the posts is as follows:
Indian Military Academy, Dehradun: 100
Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala-Course: 45
Air Force Academy, Hyderabad: 32
Officers' Training Academy, Chennai (Madras): 225
Officers Training Academy, Chennai: 15
IMA and Officers' Training Academy: Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
Indian Naval Academy: Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in engineering from a recognized university
Air Force Academy: Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with physics and mathematics at 10+2 level
How to apply for the CDS exam
- Visit the official website -- upsc.gov.in
- On the homepage click on the link ‘Combined Defence Services Examination (II), 2019’
- Official notification will be displayed. Click on the upsconline.nic.in link
- Now, click on the link which says ‘ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC’
- Complete the registration. The registration is in two parts, complete both the parts.
- Submit the final application form
- Take the print out of the same for future reference
Official notification: https://upsc.gov.in/sites/default/files/Notice-CDSII19-engl-12062019.pdf