On June 18, UPSC will conduct prelim exams of civil services for which hall tickets and list of banned items have already been released. Every one aims to score high in the exam so they prepare hard throughout the year. But, preparing for exam is one thing and managing the exam in hall is another. Below are few tips which students must keep in mind in order to solve the exam on the d-day.
- If you are unable to solve few questions or find one section exceedingly tough then don’t panic. Keep moving as you will find easy questions to solve later.
- Bubble the answers simultaneously as this will decrease the likelihood of the mistakes
- Don’t assume any imaginary cut-off in the mind and don’t judge your performance. Cut-off varies from year to year based on the difficulty of question paper.
- Follow the three step approach in order to solve the paper: In round one, solve the questions you are absolutely sure of. In round two, solve question which you are reasonably sure of and in round three, move for the toughest questions to make an educated guess but do not mark any answer blindly.
- Accuracy is important not the quantity but maintain a good balance between careless attempts and being too conservative.
- Don’t solve any mock test on the exam day because if you did not do well in them you are most likely to carry the same frame of mind in the exam hall.
- Don’t take the CSAT paper too lightly. Attempt as many questions possible in case your performance in paper 1 was to up to the mark.