The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) is an autonomous organization that functions under the Department of Agricultural Research and Education (DARE), Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India.
All India Competitive Examination (AICE) for Admissions to Masterâ€™s Degree courses in the field of Agriculture, Veterinary and Allied Sciences.
1. Applicants should have passed a bachelor's degree course in any of following fields: agriculture / agriculture engg / sericulture / home science / food process engg / veterinary science / forestry / fisheries / dairy technology or engineering / horticulture / agriculture marketing banking corporation / basic allied sciences preferably in 10+2 + 4 pattern.
2. Most of the universities permit only 10+2 +4 format. However, in some particular universities for selected courses, 10+2+3 qualified candidates are also accepted.
3. Students who have studied with 10+2 +3 format are eligible to appear for the combined examination of JRF PG programs according to the rules and regulations set by the participating universities.
4. Final year bachelor's degree students of any of the above courses are also eligible to apply.
5. Besides, candidate should also have attained minimum overall GPA = 6.6 out of 10 or 3.25 out of 5 or 2.6 out of 4. However, for SC /ST / OBC and physically disabled categories, minimum GPA required is 5.5 out of 10 or 2.75 out of 5 or 2.2 out of 4.
â€¢ Exam Pattern
1. The All India Competitive Examinations for Masterâ€™s Degree comprises of a Written Test, all the questions in the Examination will be in the objective format.
2. The questions will be multiple Choice Questions, in which 1 Question has several Alternatives, and the Candidate has to select the Correct Alternative.
3. There will be a single question paper comprising of 150 questions. Out of 150 questions, there will be 10 cross matching questions,
4. Multiple choice question are 5 marks each
5. Cross matching question are of 4 marks each
6. Total marks awarded for the exam will be 650 marks.
â€¢ How to Apply?
1. All Application Forms and Information Bulletin will be available from the Office of the Registrar of the State Agricultural University.
2. The Application form shall also be available from the selected branches All Syndicate Banks and CAU Imphal. The candidate has to send a requisition letter along with the Bank Draft of the Application fee in order to avail the application form by post.
3. Besides the above the Application Form can also be availed from the following centers such as the National Academy of Agricultural Research Management, Andhra Pradesh.
4. National Diary Research Institute, Haryana.
5. Office of the Controller of Examinations (Edu. Division), New Delhi
6. Central Agricultural Research Institute, Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
7. The cost of the Application form will be 520/- for general Category Candidates& 270/- for SC/ST Candidates.