AIIMS PG Entrance Exam 2015 â€“ All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) conducts PG Entrance examination twice a year for admission to as many as 160 MD/MS and MDS seats in various streams. AIIMS (New Delhi) announces notification for MD/MS and MDS courses in months of January and July every year. The MD/MS and MDS entrance exam for July session is conducted in the month of May and for January session exam is held in November.
Important Highlights of AIIMS PG 2015 Eligibility Criteria are given below:
1. The candidate must possess a MBBS degree if he/she is seeking an admission to MD/MS or should possess a BDS degree if he/she is seeking admission to MDS from a university recognized by the Medical Council of India
2. The candidate must have completed the required 12 Months rotating internship/practical training on or before 30th January 2015 if he/she is seeking admission through the AIIMS PG 2015 for January session or 30th July 2015 if he/she is seeking admission through AIIMS PG 2015 for the July 2015 Session
3. The candidate must have secured a minimum of 55% aggregate marks in MBBS or BDS if he/she belongs to general category or an aggregate of 50% marks if he/she belongs to SC/ST category
â€¢ Exam Pattern
AIIMS PG 2015 exam will be a computer based test as per the syllabus prescribed by the examination authority. The booklet of AIIMS PG 2015 exam will have questions from subjects taught during the MBBS course. Read important points of AIIMS PG 2015 Exam Pattern given below:
1. Duration: 3 Hours
2. Number of Questions: 200 Objective Type Questions
3. Negative Marking: 1/3rd of the marks allocated for a right response will be deducted for the incorrect response
4. Syllabus: Exam will be based on the syllabus for MBBS course
1. Duration: 90 Minutes
2. No. of questions: 90 Objective type questions
3. Negative Marking: 1/3rd of the marks allocated for a right response will be deducted if the response is incorrect
4. Syllabus: Exam will be based on the syllabus for BDS course
â€¢ How to apply?
1. The application procedure of AIIMS PG 2015 for January Session will begin tentatively in the second week of September 2014. While the AIIMS PG 2015 Application forms for July session will start in the month of January 2015. Candidate must note that AIIMS PG 2015 application form for January and July session must be submitted online. It must be noted that offline applications or printed copies will not be accepted.
2. The candidates will be required to fill in the basic details in Online AIIMS PG 2015 Application Form such as academic details, internship details and other personal details. Payment for AIIMS PG 2015 Application Form can be made through computer generated Challan of designated banks or through Debit Card/Credit Card.