Overview (Introduction begins here!!)
Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) is a national level examination
conducted by Indian Air Force for both Indian Men & women. The
examination is conducted every year for the Flying/ Technical/ Ground
Duty Branches operations. The work in Indian Air Force is not a bed of
roses it consists of difficulties and challenges. It will enhance your
willpower and imagination power. The notification for AFCAT 2016 has
already been released and open till 31st December 2015.
|Exam Name||Air Force Common Admission Test|
|Commonly Known as||AFCAT 2016|
|Exam Category||Competitive level|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Conducting Authority||Indian Air Force |
Eligibility Criteria (Do you have it in you!!)
candidates applying for AFCAT 2016 must be of age 20 to 24 years as on
01st Jan 2017 that means the candidates should be born between 02nd
January 1993 and 01st January 1997. The candidates holding a valid and
current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) have maximum age
limit for candidates is upto 26 years that means born between 02nd
January 1991 and 01st January 1997.
- The candidates should have following educational qualifications:
- They must have a graduate degree (minimum 3 year degree) in any discipline from a recognized university
- They must have secured minimum 60% marks in aggregate.
is a compulsion that candidates must pass Maths and Physics in the 12th
class or should have B.E./B.Tech degree (4 year course) from a
recognized university and minimum 60% marks in aggregate.
who are not able to pass the Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) in an
any attempt or suspended from Flight Cadet by Air Force Academy are not
eligible to apply for this examination.
- There are some physical standards which have fulfilled before applying for AFCAT examination:
must be 162.5 cms with correlated weights for flying branch and for
ground duty applicants it is 157.5 cms (men) and 152 cms (women).
- The eyesight must be 6/6 on one eye and 6/9 on the other eye.
Registration Details (Hurry up!!)
|Start of registration for Online Applications||05th December 2015|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Applications: ||31st December 2015|
|Exam date||21st February 2016|
|Result ||Not yet released|
|Contact||Toll Free no. 1800-11-2448|
How to Apply (Accelerate Yourself!!)
- Applicants need apply to the official website www.careerairforce.nic.in
- First step is to register through the home page and then after generating user id and password fill the application form.
- Once the application form is completed, submit fees and upload photograph.
Paper Pattern (Time to show Skills!!)
examination paper consists of 100 multiple choice questions which has
to be answered in two hours. The subjects to be asked in the paper are:
- Verbal ability
- Numerical ability
- General Awareness and
- Military Aptitude
will be an Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) for testing engineering
knowledge. It has 75 Objective type questions for 1 hour. The paper
consists of general engineering test and specialist branch wise
Pay Scale (Salary Credits!!)
The officers will be paid :
|Flying Branch||Rs 80,238/-|
|Technical Branch||Rs 69,238/-|
|Ground Duty Branches||Rs 66,738/-|