Overview (Introduction begins here!!)
Aligarh Muslim University conducts examination for various courses every year. The detailed notification of AMU admission 2016 â€“ 2017 has already been released. Through AMU 2016 the admissions will be given to Indian Nationals only. The applicants who have nationalities will have a different set of criteria provided in the guide. The AMU University provides admissions under 12 Faculties namely:
1. Agricultural Sciences
4. Engineering & Technology
6. Life Sciences
8. Management Studies & Research
10. Social Sciences
12. Unani Medicine, each comprising of several Departments of Studies.
|Exam Name||Aligarh Muslim University Entrance Examination|
|Commonly Known as||AMU Entrance Exam|
|Exam Category||All categories|
|Exam Level||University level|
|Conducting Authority ||Aligarh Muslim University|
Eligibility Criteria (Do you have it in you!!)
The candidates qualification eligibility criteria is:
- The candidates must meet the eligibility requirements as per the requirement of applying degree.
- For the degree under Arts, Social Sciences, Science and Life Sciences course candidates must pass the qualifying examination of a Bachelorâ€™s degree with main subject requirements. Main Subject:
- For degree of B.A./B.Sc./B.Com./B.Th./B.Sc.(Agriculture) the eligibility should be 10+2+3.
The age limit should be:
- For Sr. Sec. School Cert/ Dip. Engg. Courses â€“ Maximum Age Limit 19 / 21 years
- For Graduate Courses â€“ Maximum Age Limit 24 years
- For Postgraduate Courses â€“ Maximum Age Limit 27 years
Registration Details (Hurry up!!)
The examination dates of various courses of AMU are:
|AMU Entrance Exam||Date|
|MD / MS / MDS / PG Diploma||27 Jan 2016|
|MBBS / BDS (Tier I)||10 Apr 2016|
|Master of Agribusiness Management||16 Apr 2016|
|M.Sc Biotechnology||17 Apr 2016|
|B.Tech / B.Arch||24 Apr 2016|
|LLM||26 Apr 2016|
|Diploma in General Nursing||27 Apr 2016|
|MLI Sc||28 Apr 2016|
|M.Ed||29 Apr 2016|
|MA Mass Communication||30 Apr 2016|
|CET (Professional Courses)||2 May 2016|
|MFC / MTA||2 May 2016|
|B. Com (Hons.) / BA (Hons.) / B.Sc (Hons.)||8 May 2016|
|BLI Sc.||10 May 2016|
|SSSC (Science) / Diploma in Engineering||15 May 2016|
|SSSC (Humanities / Commerce)||16 May 2016|
|BE (Evening)||18 May 2016|
|B. Ed / MBA / MBA (IB)||22 May 2016|
|BA LLB||23 May 2016|
|BUMS / Pre-Tib||24 May 2016|
|MSW||25 May 2016|
|MCA / BSW||28 May 2016|
|MBBS / BDS (Tier II)||01 Jun 2016|
|Dip in Computerized Shoe Design & dev. / B.Voc. Degree||13 Jun 2016|
How to Apply (Accelerate Yourself!!)
- Click on the official website link: http://www.amu.ac.in/ and in the admission section download the examination brochure and read it carefully.
- After that find the â€œApply online linkâ€ and fill the application form.
- The application form consists of some professional and person details.
- The final step is the fee submission step. Usually the fee of various courses of AMU varies from 400 Rs to 200 Rs. But for professional courses like B. Tech MBA, MBBS its fee may vary from 500 to 1000.
Paper Pattern (Time to show Skills!!)
The paper pattern varies with course candidates opting for.