Assam Joint Admission Test (JAT) is conducted by Directorate of Technical Education, Assam for taking admission into the various undergraduate programs in engineering, medical, regional dental and ayurvedic colleges in the state of Assam.
1. Candidate should be an Indian National and a domicile of Assam
2. The candidate must pass Higher Sec Examination from Assam Higher Sec Education Council
3. The qualifying examination can also be passed from any other equivalent board
4. The subjects cleared in the qualifying examination are Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and English
5. The general candidates need to score minimum 50 percent marks in aggregate
6. The Schedule Tribe and Schedule Caste candidates need to score minimum 45 percent marks in aggregate
7. The candidate need to appear in the Joint Admission Test that is conducted by Technical Education Director, Assam for gaining admission into the first year of professional courses
â€¢ Paper pattern
This exam is divided into four papers - Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Each paper is of 100 marks. The duration of entrance exam is 3 hours.
â€¢ How to apply?
1. The Application Form is readily available on www.aec.ac.in/
2. Candidates can get this application form through post
3. The Application fees needs to be submitted through a demand draft in favour of specified authority
4. The Application Form should be filled as per instructions given in the form
5. It should be filled properly and any mistakes should be avoided