Overview (Introduction begins here!!)
AMIE is the only way through which one can recognized engineering degree without going to college. AMIE stands for Associate Member of Institution of Engineers which provides distance learning course. Like other engineers, the AMIE students will get equal opportunities for job as well as higher education. AMIE will provide a recognized degree of:
- 3-year Polytechnic Diploma or its equivalent in any branch of engineering or
- +2/HSC/Inter with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (minimum 45% marks).
|Exam Name||Associate Member of Institution of Engineers test|
|Commonly Known as||AMIE |
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Conducting Authority||Associate Member of Institution of Engineers|
Eligibility Criteria (Do you have it in you!!)
- The applicant must be the member (Technician/ Senior Technician/Associate etc) of the Institution has a valid membership number than he/she is eligible to appear in the examination.
- The membership number is compulsory to apply while ID card is not a compulsion at the time of application. The ID card is necessary to bring in the exam hall.
- A student can appear in less than four or four subjects at the time and if he fails in any subject than he has to appear in that subject till he passes that subject.
- If a student passes both sections A and B then he is said to be passed in the AMIE examination.
Registration Details (Hurry up!!)
AMIE exam Winter 2015 shall be conducted in India and abroad since December 05, 2015 and the schedule is mentioned below.
|For the candidates not attended Summer 2015 exam||August 20 to September 19, 2015|
|Candidates attended Summer 2015 exam||September 19 to October 19,2015|
|Candidates who applied, but did not attend Summer 2015 exam||September 19 to October 19, 2015|
|Candidates applying fist time||August 20 to September 19, 2015|
Email: [email protected]
How to Apply (Accelerate Yourself!!)
The procedure for applying for AMIE examination is given below.
1.Download the Exam Form available on the website and get the print out of that.
2. Fill the DD for exam fee in favour of "The Institution of Engineers (India)" payable at Kolkata.
3. Write your ST/T number and name on the reverse side of DD.
4. Fill up exam form and choose the exam centre and note down code of exam center and DD details for future reference.
5. Application is to be addressed to:
The Secretary & Director General
The Institution of Engineers (India)
8, Gokhale Road
Paper Pattern (Time to show Skills!!)
The examination is for 3 hours for maximum 100 marks. There is no negative marking for the examination and there is descriptive as well as objective questions. The passing marks are 50.
The Examination fee is Rs 2000/- for the examination centers of India and 150 USD in outside India..
Note: Do not staple DD with form.