Overview (Introduction begins here!!)
CUSAT stands for Cochin University of Science and Technology. The examination is conducted for the admissions in the undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The admissions are given on the basis of Common Admission Test (CAT) or online Lateral Entry Test (LET) or Departmental Admission Test (DAT) which are organized by the University. There is no test for MBA and M.Tech as the admissions are given on the basis of CMAT / MAT / CAT and GATE score respectively.
|Exam name||Cochin University of Science and Technology Test|
|Commonly Known as||CUSAT 2016 CAT|
|Exam Level||University Level|
|Conducting Authority ||Cochin University of Science and Technology|
Eligibility Criteria (Do you have it in you!!)
- The applicants who belong to Kerala Scheduled Cast (KSC) or Kerala Scheduled Tribe (KST) communities can apply only if they have minimum pass marks in the related qualifying examination except for the examination of Marine Engineering.
- The applicants (except Marine Engineering) must fulfill the minimum eligibility for SEBC candidates of Kerala State with Non-Creamy Layer Status for admission to B. Tech is 45% for Mathematics and Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry aggregate must be minimum 45% marks.
- The General candidates should have 50% minimum marks in Class X and XII in the subject English.
Registration Details (Hurry up!!)
|Online registration started on||20 January 2016|
|Last date to register online||15 February 2016|
|Schedule to remit application fee||22 January to 22 February 2016|
|Registration for international candidates started on||20 January 2016|
|Registration for international candidates closes on||30 April 2016|
|Issuance of admit card starts from||15 April 2016|
|CUSAT CAT 2016 will be held on||30 April 2016|
How to Apply (Accelerate Yourself!!)
The applicants can apply online for CUSAT 2016 as the notification has been released. To apply online, visit the official website. The applicants have to register on the link â€œNew Registrationâ€ and enter the personal details. After registration, fill the application form. Upload the required documents and submit the fee.
Paper Pattern (Time to show Skills!!)
- Duration -3 Hours
- The questions will be from class XI, XII syllabus.
- For every right answer 3 marks will be allotted and 1 marks will be deducted for wrong answers.
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
|Physics and Chemistry||125|
|Total number of Questions||250|