Common Admission Test (CAT) is a national level examination for the MBA entrance exam in various Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) situated all over the India. The score secured in the CAT examination is also accepted by many B-Schools. According to CAT percentile score and some other criteria like work experience and academic performance, the students are shortlisted for the Written Aptitude Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). It is advised to practice tests before appearing in the final examination for better knowledge of exam pattern.
Common Admission Test
Commonly Known as
Indian Institutes of Management
CAT Eligibility Criteria:
Must have a Bachelorâ€™s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA For candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently abled (DA) it is 45% marks.
The students who are appearing in the final year of bachelorâ€™s degree /equivalent qualification examination & those who have completed their degrees and are awaiting for the results can also apply.
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
Significant changes in CAT 2015:
CAT examination is going to have a new section called Data Interpretation and Logical reasoning (DILR).
It will not be permitted to switch between sections. A Section will shift to next one after candidate spends 60 minutes on it.
Candidates can now select four test cities in order of preference. Allotment of sessions will be random.
Test duration has also been increased to 180 minutes from 170 minutes.
Written answers will be there along with multiple-choice questions (MCQ).
The Test will be held at 650 centres across 136 cities on 29 November 2016.
For better understanding tutorials of new exam format will be available on the CAT website from October 15.
06th August to 25th September 2015
25th October 2015, 1:00 PM till Exam Day
29th November 2015
2nd week of January 2016
How to Apply?
Firstly, download CAT brochure. Read all the instructions carefully. Then next register online at the www.iimcat.ac.in with a registration fee of Rs. 1600 (General/NC-OBC) and Rs. 800 (SC/ST/PWD-DA).
Topmost Colleges under CAT :
There are total 13 IIMs who accept the CAT score and the government has decided to open six new IIMs, in the states of Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Bihar, Odisha, Maharashtra and Andhra Pradesh. CAT 2015 had included the Registration option for these new IIMs. They are likely to commence their academic session from 2015-16. So for CAT 2016 there will be 19 IIMs all over India. There are some other famous B- Schools that accept CAT scores are:
- S.P. Jain Institute of Management Research
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) Delhi
- MDI Gurgaon
- VGSOM (IIT Kharagpur)
- DMS (IIT-Delhi)
- IMI Delhi
- IMT Ghaziabad
- K. J. Somaiya Institute Of Management Studies And Research
- MICA Ahmedabad
- SJMSOM (IIT-Bombay)
- Department of Management Studies (NIT Trichy)
CAT 2014 Topper Profiles:
1. Neha Manglik, BITS Pilani- 100 percentile
2. Pranjul Gupta, IIT Kanpur- 100 percentile
3. Harshveer Jain, IIT Bombay-100 percentile
4. Vishesh Patni, IIT Kanpur-100 percentile
5. Soumyadeep Chakraborty, Jadavpur University-100 percentile
6. Anurag Reddy, IIT Bombay-100 percentile
7. Aashish Chiller, IIT Delhi-100 percentile
8. Rajesh Balasubramanian, IIT Madras-100 percentile
9. Vibhu Gupta, IIT Bombay-100 percentile
11. Uttam Kumar Reddy, IIT Madras-100 percentile
12. Aditya Vikram Singh, IIT Guwahati-100 percentile