Overview (Introduction begins here!!)
Common Admission Test or CAT is the exam which is conducted at national level for MBA admissions in various colleges like IIM's. This exam is conducted every year by any of the IIMs in India. It is the most renowned entrance exam for management degree. In the year 2015, there were more than 2 Lakh candidates who were participating for more than about 3000 seats offered by the total 19 IIMs.
|Exam name||Common Admission Test |
|Commonly Known as||CAT 2016|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Conducting Authority ||Indian Institutes of Management|
Eligibility Criteria (Do you have it in you!!)
- One must have a Bachelor degree in any stream or equivalent from a recognized college.
- The general category candidates must have minimum 50% marks in Bachelorâ€™s degree.
- For other reserved categories, there must be a minimum 45% marks requirement of Bachelorâ€™s degree.
- The aspirants who are appearing in the final year examination of their Bachelorâ€™s Program can also apply but they are provisionally admitted on selection.
Registration Details (Hurry up!!)
|Official Notification Date||July 2016|
|Online Registration for CAT ||August 2016|
|Admit Card||In October 2016, 01:00 pm till exam day|
|Test Date||November, 2016|
|Result Declaration||Mid of January 2017|
How to Apply (Accelerate Yourself!!)
- You have to Go to the official website of CAT 2016.
- Register yourself and the Login credentials will be sent via mail and SMS.
- Fill the Personal details
- Also, Upload the latest scanned copy of your Photograph, Signature, Caste, and/or PwD/DA certificates as per need.
- Click on the tab of Save & Continue to proceed for the next section.
- Now you have to enter Academic Details.
- Again, click on Save & Continue and proceed to the second last section.
- Now fill the work experience details. Click on Save & Continue.
- Lastly, select the names of the programs in which you want to apply.
- Finally, select Exam Centre City preference from the given drop down menu. Click on Save & Continue.
- Then you have to pay the application fee through online, using a Debit/Credit card or Net-banking.
Paper Pattern (Time to show Skills!!)
|Subjects to be asked|
- Quantitative Ability
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- Verbal and Reading Comprehension
|Time duration||180 minutes or 3 hours|
|Variety of Questions||Both MCQ and non MCQ|
|In MCQ||+3 for right answer and -1 for wrong answer|
|In non MCQ||+3 for MCQ|
|Individual Time given||1 hour for each section|
Topmost colleges/Universities (Knocking Opportunities!!)
- Indian Institute of Technology , Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology , Kharagpur
- Institute of Management Technology (IMT) , Ghaziabad
- IRMA , Anand
- Management Development Institute (MDI) , Gurgaon
- S.P. Jain Institute of Management & Research , Mumbai
- Xavier Institute of Management (XIM) , Bhubaneshwar
- International Management Institute (IMI) , New Delhi
- BIMTECH , Greater Noida
- TAPMI , Manipal
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research , Mumbai
- Balaji Institute of Modern Management , Pune