Overview (Introduction begins here!!)
Common Proficiency Test is commonly known as CPT. This entrance exam is organized getting into the course of CA (Chartered Accountant). The exam is conducted two times every year. The examination is held in the months of June and December. To get into the CA course the candidates can register just after the class X exam and appear in the exam after class XII. The examination consists of objective type questions. There is no reservation in this course. The examination is conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
|Exam name||Common Proficiency Test|
|Commonly Known as||CPT 2016|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Conducting Authority ||Institute of Chartered Accountants of India|
Eligibility Criteria (Do you have it in you!!)
- The applicants after passing class X exam can
apply for the examination.
- The candidates who have already registered can
appear for the examination only after their Senior Secondary Examination (10+2).
Registration Details (Hurry up!!)
|Start Date ||03-02-2016 (10:00 Hrs IST)|
|Last Date for online submission of form without late fee||24-02-2016|
|Last Date for online submission of form with late fee||02-03-2016|
|Exam date||May, 2016|
|Contact||1800 419 2929|
How to Apply (Accelerate Yourself!!)
- To apply for the examination create your account on the official website of ICAI otherwise login our account. Fill the details required in the form.
- Pay the fee online through Master / Visa / Maestro Credit or Debit card.
- Log in again and take the printout of the form.
- Affix the photographs and signature on the perform and submit it to the ICAI institute.
Paper Pattern (Time to show Skills!!)
|Section||Subjects||Number of Questions|
|Section I||Fundamentals of Accounts||60|
|Section I||Mercantile Law||40|
|Section II||General Economics||50|
|Section II||Quantitative Aptitude||50|
There will be negative marking of 1/4 and one marks will be allotted for every right answer.
No. of Questions â€“ 200
Duration - 4 hours (two sessions of 2 hours each)