Common Admission Test (CAT) is conducted by Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) for the admission to its B.Tech, BBA, LLB, LLM, MBA, MCA, MA, MSc, M.Phil, M.Tech, Ph.D and PG Diploma Courses in CUSAT University and its affiliated colleges.
For B.Tech: - Pass in the Plus Two Examination of the State of Kerala or any other examination accepted as equivalent with subjects of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry (PCM) as optional subjects securing a minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics and 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together.
For M.Tech: - Pass B.Tech/B.E/B.Sc Engineering Degree Examination in Civil Engineering branch from any University in Kerala or an examination of any other University /Institution accepted by this University as equivalent thereto with a minimum of 60% marks. Candidates who have passed Sections A&B examinations conducted by the Institution of Engineers (India) â€“ AMIE in Civil branch shall be eligible. In addition to this the candidate must also have a valid GATE score.
For M.Phil :- Masterâ€™s Degree in Hindi with at least 55% marks.
For LLM :- Bachelorâ€™s degree in Law with at least 45% marks.
For MSc :- B.Sc. degree in related discipline with 55% marks.
For MA - B.A./B.Sc.degree
For MBA - Bachelorâ€™s degree in any subject with 50% marks in aggregate.
For MCA - Any graduate with Mathematics as one of the main or subsidiary subjects or graduate in Electronics / Computer Science / Computer Applications/ Engineering/Technology with aggregate 55% marks in all subjects other than languages and humanities.
â€¢ Paper pattern
The Common Admission Test shall consist of objective type multiple choice questions on the following main subjects:
1. Mathematics (125 Questions)
2. Physics (75 Questions)
3. Chemistry (25 Questions)
4. Total Number of Questions: 250
5. Duration of Exam: 3 Hours
6. Marking Pattern: 3 Marks will be added for every right attempt made by the applicants. There will be negative marking in the exam in the form of 1 mark deducted for every wrong attempts made by them respectively.
â€¢ How to apply?
1. Apply online on www.cusat.nic.in for CUSAT CAT 2015.
2. You are required to fill the CUSAT CAT 2015 online application form online.
3. During the online application procedure you are required to upload your latest passport sized photograph and signature.
4. For payment of CUSAT CAT 2015 application fee you can choose either e-payment method or challan payment method.
5. Follow the instructions given on the screen for e-payment. In the chalan mode you will get necessary instructions on a separate page which will be automatically downloaded along with the chalan.
CUSAT CAT 2015 application fee for all courses (Other than Diploma/Certificate Programmes):-
1. General Category Candidates - Rs.1000/-
2. SC/ST Category Candidates - Rs.500/-
3. Candidates who apply under NRI Quota (For B.Tech Programmes Only) - Rs.6000/-
4. Candidates opting test centers at Dubai should pay Rs 10000/- in addition to the above fee.