Overview (Introduction begins here!!)
GITAM GAT (Gitam Admission Test) is an online computer based admission test conducted by GITAM University every year for admission to various Undergraduate courses of B.Tech, B.Arch and B.Pharm. The University is located at three different campuses at Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad and Bengaluru. The University offers 109 programmes at UG, PG, and Doctoral levels in various fields, including Technology, Science, Pharmacy, Management, Architecture, International Business, and Law.
|Exam Name||Gitam Admission Test|
|Commonly Known as||GITAM GAT 2016|
|Exam Category||Undergraduate |
|Exam Level||University level |
|Conducting Authority ||Gitam University|
Eligibility Criteria (Do you have it in you!!)
- The candidate should have passed in Intermediate or 12th examination from a recognized Central/State Board or its equivalent either in 2016 or 2015.
- For B.Tech. (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics), and B.Tech. in Biotechnology (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology), a minimum of 60% or, equivalent grade in the qualifying examination is required.
- For B. Pharmacy (Mathematics/ Biology, Physics & Chemistry), and B. Arch. (Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry), a minimum of 50% aggregate marks is required.
- Also, B.Arch aspirants must qualify in NATA exam.
Registration Details (Hurry up!!)
|Starting date of online application||December, 2015|
|Last date of receipt of application forms||2 April, 2016|
|Online Slot Booking||11th to 15th April 2016|
|Download of E-Hall-Tickets||11th April 2016 onwards|
|Online Tests at different centers||19th April to 08th May 2016|
|Result Declaration||16 May 2016|
|Counseling for Admissions (2016-17)||09th to 16th June 2016|
|Contact||(+91-891) 2790101, 2790202, 2790404, 2790505 |
How to Apply (Accelerate Yourself!!)
Applicants can apply for GAT either online, or offline.
- For online application, the Application Form needs to be filled from the official website. http://www.gitam.edu/
- For offline application, Candidates can collect the GITAM GAT 2015 Application Forms from the selected branches of Union Bank of India, Indian Bank and Karur Vysya Bank.
- A Demand Draft for Rs 150 must be sent to the university along with a request letter for the Application Form of GITAM GAT 2015.
The fee is fixed and is Rs 1000 for Boys and Rs 600 for Girls.
NOTE: The fee can be paid through the Online Application Form, as well as Application from Bank.
Address of university:
Gandhi Nagar, Rushikonda,
Andhra Pradesh, India
Paper Pattern (Time to show Skills!!)
Duration of the test is 2 hours.
The test will be divided in three sections. All questions are objective type.
|Section||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Section A||Mathematics / Biology||40||120|
NOTE: 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.