Overview (Introduction begins here!!)
GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination and is meant for the graduate students who are willing to take admissions in non Business schools. The examination is conducted by Educational Testing Service (ETS) sice 1949. This examination is not going to judge the students on basis of any technical knowledge. It is going to test the skills of reasoning, analytical writing, and critical thinking.
|Exam Name||Graduate Record Examination|
|Commonly Known as||GRE|
|Conducting Authority|| Educational Testing Service|
Eligibility Criteria (Do you have it in you!!)
There is no as such eligibility criteria for the GRE. The only criteria for admissions is that the candidate must meet the required score criteria by the participating universities.
Registration Details (Hurry up!!)
For giving Test in the United States and Puerto Rico are lat dates are as follows:
|Test Dates ||Regular Deadline ||Late Deadline1||Supplementary Test Center and Monday Administration Deadline2||Online Score card date||Score Report Mailing Date|
|09/19/15 ||08/14/15||08/21/15||07/31/15 ||10/19/15 ||10/30/15|
For giving test in all other locations along with U.S. Territories:
|Test Dates ||Regular Deadlines||Late Deadline1||Supplementary Test Center and Monday Administration Deadline2||Online Score card date||Score Report Mailing Date|
|10/24/15 ||09/11/15||09/18/15||08/28/15 ||11/23/15||12/04/15|
|04/16/16||03/04/16 ||03/11/16||02/19/16||05/16/16 ||05/27/16|
Contact: 1-609-771-7670 or 1-866-473-4373
How to Apply (Accelerate Yourself!!)
The GRE application for Indian candidates can be done as follows:
- Candidates have to make an My GRE Account on the GRE official website.
- Once the account has been made log in to the My GRE Account and click the link â€˜Register for the General Testâ€™.
- Now candidates can enter the information and choose the test centers.
- Finally, pay the fee of US$ 185 and all admit card details will be e-mailed to the candidates.
- The applicants are required to call the Regional Registration Centre (RRC) of Prometric India on 0124- 4147700 before the 3 days of the test.
- Payment of US $185through card can be done.
- The final admit card details will be shared with the candidates.
Download the dollar demand draft(DD) and send it to above addrerss:
2nd floor, DLF Infinity Towerâ€“A
Sector 25, Phase II
DLF City Gurgaon
Paper Pattern (Time to show Skills!!)
The paper consist of following subjects:
1. Verbal Reasoning
2. Quantitative Reasoning
3. Analytical Writing
Topmost colleges/Universities (Knocking Opportunities!!)
- Harvard Business School, USA
- Arizona State University (Fulton), USA
- Stanford Graduate School of Business, USA
- Columbia Business School, USA
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology - Sloan
- Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, USA
- INSEAD, France
- University of Chicago: Booth School of Business, USA
- London Business School, UK