If you join the Air Force as an airman in non-technical trades, you will provide invaluable assistance and support to the various functions of the Indian Air Force.
From weather forecasting to maintenance of records and files, your contribution is seminal to the effective functioning of the Air Force and all its branches.
I.A.F. Airman (Non-Technical Trades) Exam is conducted for Indian male citizens. The selection process for this non-technical course commences twice a year: first from January to June and second from July to December.
For the courses commencing in the month of January, the exams are held in the month of August / September of the preceding year and for the courses commencing in July, exams are held in the month of April or May of the same year.
Age: 16Â½ years to 19Â½ years on the first day of the month in which the course is commencing. Upper age limit is relaxable by two years in technical trades for those who have passed Intermediate / equivalent examination or completed 3 years diploma course in Engineering.
A candidate should have passed Matriculation or its equivalent examination with English as compulsory subject and minimum of 45 per cent marks in aggregate with pass marks in English. For Mechanical Transport Driver Trade there is no minimum percentage of marks.
Indian Air Force Physical Standards:
1. Minimum Height: 152.5 cm.
2. Chest Expanded chest measurement should not be less than 75 cm with minimum range of expansion of 5 cm.
3. Weight: Corresponding to height and age.
4. Vision : At least 6/ 12 in each eye without glasses or 6/6 in better eye and 6/36 in the worse eye without glasses, correctible to 6/6 in each eye with glasses.
5. Normal hearing.
6. General Health: Free from all communicable diseases and cardiovascular, medical or surgical deformities or infection.
â€¢ Paper pattern
a) Eligible candidates will be called for written test in :
II. Intelligence and General Knowledge.
b) Questions in these tests will be of Objective type and Bilingual, i.e., English and Hindi. The candidates will be required to qualify each part separately.
c) Results will be declared on the same day and the successful candidates have to immediately appear in a Trade Allocation.
â€¢ How to apply?
1. Kindly visit the official website.
2. Application should be sent to the President Central Airmen Selection Board, Post Box No. 3004, New Delhi-110003.