As an airman under the Technical Trades, one is involved in the maintenance and testing of aircraft and flying related equipment. He is also directly or indirectly involved in the maintenance and overhaul of ground equipment and armament. Training is given to undertake the operation of all mechanical and electrical systems as an airmanâ€™s responsibilities can involve handling sophisticated specialist vehicles.
Unmarried male Indian citizens (subjects of Nepal also) are eligible.
Essential Qualifications: Intermediate/ 10+ 2 / equivalent exam with English, Physics and Mathematics and 50% marks in aggregate.
Three-year Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Automobile / Computer Science / Instrumentation Technology) from a recognized Polytechnic or Institute.
Age Limits: 16 to 21 years in the year of examination.
1. Minimum Height 152.5 cm
2. Chest expanded chest measurement should not be less than 75 cm with minimum range of expansion of 5 cm
3. Vision: At least 6/ 12 in each eye without glasses, correctible to 6/6 in each eye
4. Colour Vision: Normal/Defective Safe CF2/CP3
5. Weight: Corresponding to height and age
6. General Health: Free from all communicable diseases and no medical or surgical deformities. Should have no history of Fits or Psychiatric ailment. Candidate must be physically and mentally fit for duty anywhere in the world, in any climate or terrain
â€¢ Paper pattern
Eligible candidates will be called for a written test in:
(ii) Intelligence and General Awareness
Questions in these tests will be of Objective Type and bilingual, i.e., in Hindi and English. Candidates are required to qualify in each part. Results will be declared on the same day and successful candidates will have to immediately appear for the Trade Allocation Test.
â€¢ How to apply?
Candidates must submit their application on plain paper in the prescribed proforma as published in the Employment News and send it by Post on or before the specified last date, to the following address :
Central Airmen Selection Board,
Post Box No 11807,
New Delhi â€“ 110 010.