Indian Administrative Service (IAS) is the most prestigious job profiles of government service epitomizing the royal stature of service. This is one of the most competitive examinations with stringent selection norms which can be well summarized with its success figure of 0.3% of all applicants. A consistent preparation, dedicated endeavor and an overall self confidence is a vital requirement for appearing and clearing this examination. With the prevailing trend of immense popularity of public sector jobs, IAS exam is one of the most favored options for aspirants targeting for a glorious career in Government sector jobs.
1. You must have obtained a Degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institution.
2. At the same time you should be within the age group of 21-30 years to appear for this examination.
3. Although there will be some reservations for specific scheduled categories in the examination, but you need to be prepared on a general ground in order to secure your position on the final merit list.
â€¢ Paper pattern
1. The exam pattern of IAS exam is broadly classified into two subsections, i.e, the Prelims and the Main exam.
2. The Preliminary exam will be of two papers of two hours duration and two hundred marks each. The Paper-I will consist of questions from Indian politics, geography, history, economics, ecology, social policies, bio-diversities, etc. The Paper-II will consist of analytical ability, comprehension, interpersonal skills, logical reasoning, numerology, data processing, English language, etc.
3. The Main exam will also be of two parts, i.e., a written as well as a round of interview. The Written test will comprise of 9 (2 qualifying and 7 ranking) papers in English, Indian language, essay, elective paper (I, II and III, IV) and general studies (I & II).
â€¢ How to apply?
1. For applying IAS 2015, candidates can go with either online mode or offline mode.
2. If candidate is interested in the former mode, then he/she has to download the application form from the official website.
3. Online application includes two stages i.e. a) registration 1 b) registration 2.
4. Post submission of personal details, students will be asked to print the SBI bank challan on A4 size paper. The printed pay slip needs to be used for payment of application fee.
5. In offline mode, Students can get the application form from any of the specified post offices through the country. The cost of the application form in offline mode is Rs.30. Next, students have to fill the form, complete and send it to the mentioned address before the last date.