Indian Maritime University (IMU) directs Common Entrance Test (CET) for admission to its undergraduate and postgraduate courses of study. Common Entrance Test (CET) is common to all UG programs of study. There will be a CET common to the 2 MBA programmes; another CET common to the 2 M.Tech programmes; and yet another CET for the LLM (Maritime Laws) programme.
Undergraduate programmes - Eligibility:-
1. B.Tech (Marine Engineering) - 10+2/equivalent (PCM-60% & English-50%)
2. B.Tech (Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering) - 10+2/equivalent (PCM - 60% & English -50%)
3. B.Sc (Ship Building & Repair) - 10+2/equivalent (PCM- 50% & English-50%)
4. B.Sc (Maritime Science) - 10+2/equivalent (PCM - 60%& English-50%)
5. B.Sc (Nautical Science) - 10+2/equivalent (PCM - 60% & English- 50%
6. Diploma in Nautical Science leading to B.Sc. (Nautical Science) - 10+2/equivalent (PCM - 60% & English-50%)
1. MBA (Port and Shipping Management) / MBA (International Transportation and Logistics Management) - A bachelorâ€™s degree in any discipline with 50% marks from recognized universities. (45% marks in case of SC/ST)
2. M.Tech (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering) - Graduate Engineering in Mechanical/Civil/Aeronautical /Marine/Naval Architecture or equivalent with 60% aggregate.
3. M.Tech (Dredging and Harbour Engineering) - Graduate Engineering in Mechanical/Civil/Aeronautical/ Marine/ Naval Architecture or equivalent with 60% aggregate.
4. LLM (Maritime Laws) - A bachelorâ€™s degree in Law from any recognized University approved by UGC with minimum 50% marks (45% marks in case of SC/ST)
â€¢ How to apply?
1. Apply online for IMU CET 2015 on www.imu.edu.in
2. During the IMU CET 2015 online application procedure you are required to upload a digital copy of your passport sized photograph and signature.
3. Please fill up all the columns in the application form carefully and then click on the â€˜Submitâ€™ button which will generate a unique APPLICATION NUMBER for you. Please remember to furnish your cell phone number and Email address correctly as you will get periodical intimations about CET 2015 on them.
4. Application fee for IMU CET 2015 can be paid either online through net banking facility, credit card or debit card. Students can also make use of Internet kiosks with online payment facility to pay the CET Application fee online.
5. Offline payment of application fee is to be done through SBI bank challan State Bank Collect web portal.
6. The application fee is Rs 1000 for general and OBC category candidates and Rs. 700 for SC/ST category candidates.
7. After completing the online payment, a unique Reference number/Journal number will be generated. Exit from the State Bank Collect web portal and come back to the saved Online Registration web page of the Service Provider.