The Indian Navy is a high technology service, which operates and maintains highly sophisticated ships, submarines and aircraft.
The propulsion machinery, weapons, sensors and equipment are on board. These weapon platforms are operated and maintained by sailors, who are given training at various intervals during their service.
In Indian Navy there are four types of recruitment process for the entry of sailors â€“ Artificer Apprentice exam, Artificer [DE (DH) ] exam, MER ( Matric Entry Recruit ) and NMER ( Non-Matric Entry Recruit ).
The Indian Navy Artificer Apprentices Examination is carried out by the Navy for unmarried Indian male citizens. It is generally held twice a year for courses commencing in August/September and February / March respectively.
Nationality: Indian, Gorkha subjects of Nepal are also eligible for recruitment.
Age: 15 to 18 years as on the mentioned date in the year of examination. 18 to 22 years for Direct Entry Artificer.
Educational Qualification: Matriculation or equivalent with Science and Maths with 65% marks or 60% or more aggregate marks in 10+ 2 or equivalent examination with Science and Maths.
Educational Qualification for Direct Entry Artificer:
3 years Diploma with minimum 50% marks in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics. Instrumentation Engineering/Telecommunication, Aeronautical / Ship Building and Architecture from a Govt. recognized Polytechnic / Institute.
Minimum Height: 157 cms (relaxable up to 152 cms) with correlated weight and proportionate chest with minimum expansion of 5 cms. Good mental and physical health, free from any disease / disability. No Cardiovascular, surgical deformities or infection of ears. No history of fits or psychiatric ailment.
Eye Sight: Without glasses 6/12 (6/24 for Diploma Holders) and with glasses one eye 6/9 and other 6/12. Colour Perception: CP II.
â€¢ Paper pattern
Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit on their performance in Written Test, qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in the Medical Examinations.
1. The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and of objective type.
2. The question paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
3. The standard of the question paper will be that of 10+2 and the syllabus for the examination is also available on official website.
4. Duration of examination will be one hour.
5. The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
1. Qualifying in Physical Fitness Test is mandatory for selection.
2. PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
â€¢ How to apply?
Indian Navy invites Online Applications from unmarried Male Indian Citizens and subjects of Nepal & Bhutan for Enrolment as Sailors For Artificer Apprentice (AA) - 137 Batch Course Commencing February 2015. Eligible Persons Apply Online from 10th June 2014 to 20th June 2014.